Processing of personal data
We collate two types of information when you access our Website:
- Personal Data: The personal data that we may collect and process about you may include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, IP address and billing and credit card information (for the purpose of order processing only). Please note that your payment is processed through secure encryption via payment portal Ingenico and all payment information is deleted when payment has been processed.
- Non-Personal: We may also collate information about which pages you visit on this Website and the address/location of the site you were using in order to visit this Website. Please note that this information is analytical and will not be used to identify or contact you individually, but that it is used to learn more generally about our demographics, and the needs and trends of our customers, in order to provide a better, more relevant service, and to ensure our Website’s design is user friendly.
Purposes of the processing of personal data
We may process your personal data in order to manage your orders, to provide you with information about our products when you request it, to offer you the best service possible, and to ensure that our offerings are as up to date and relevant as possible. Your personal data will be used by Serax’ authorised employees, consultants, advisors, subsidiary companies, services providers, agents and subcontractors for the above purposes.
Please note that we do not share any personal data with third parties under any circumstances, unless legally obliged by law, such as by warrant or court order, or otherwise requested by you. We may also share non-personal data (such as the site analytics listed above) in combination with that of other users on our Website, with third parties. This is in order, for example, to provide statistics on how many unique visitors we have to the Website, demographic breakdown, and generally on activity that our visitors engage in while on our Website. Third parties may include advertisers, suppliers, website tracking services and other similar parties.
Cookies are small text files or pieces of information that are stored on your computer (or on a mobile device, as the case may be) when you visit our Website. Some parts of this Website run thanks to the cookies that are installed on your computer. For more information about cookies, including how to check which cookies are installed and how you can manage and delete them, you can visit the following website: www.allaboutcookies.org. You can also find many other sources of information about cookies on the Internet.
Please find a list below of all the data that are stored on the serax.com website by means of cookies:
- An anonymised session variable.
- IP address location data: Currently, only the country of the IP address is stored, not the IP address itself.
- Google Analytics / GTM variables in accordance with the Google guidelines: the last octet of the IP address is anonymised: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Google Webmaster Tools: The variables of Google Analytics are used, so no additional data is stored.
- Facebook pixel code: You can find the Facebook Data Policy here: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- The image ratio and responsive image variable: This indicates whether you are surfing on a mobile device or not.
Serax only saves your email address if you communicate this to us. This email address is used to inform you about updates of our website and for marketing purposes e.g. information about new products. We will never forward your email address to third parties, and therefore, other parties will not contact you. You can always unsubscribe to our newsletter by clicking on the link in one of the newsletters that you receive.
Your personal data is stored on a secure server hosted for us by Serac, our web implementation consultant. As with all internet related content, we cannot 100% guarantee the security of any data you provide to us via this Website. We do, however, take all serious steps to ensure (as much as possible) the security of all the data you provide to us via appropriate technical and organisational means. Serax reserves the right to (including but not limited to) refuse custom by means of voiding or refunding orders, to close accounts or block customer access where there is a suspicion of fraudulent or malicious activity. Only one account per person is allowed. This does not affect your statutory rights.
You have the right to (i) access your personal data; (ii) require the correction of your personal data if and to the extent that you can prove such data is inaccurate; (iii) request the deletion of your personal data if the conditions of the General Data Protection Regulation are met; (iv) object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your personal situation and/or request its restriction; and (v) request a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data at any time, provided that the conditions of the General Data Protection regulation are met. You, however, acknowledge that any processing carried out prior to such withdrawal shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before the withdrawal. To make a request regarding your data please contact us at [email protected]. If you deem it necessary, you also have the right to file a complaint regarding the use of your personal data by us with the relevant supervisory authority.
Where requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, for example because of their repetitive character, we may either (i) charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communication or taking the action requested, or (ii) refuse to act on the request.
Duration of storage of your personal data
We will store the personal data that you send to us via this Website on our databases. We will retain your personal data for as long as your account is active, as long as we have a contract with you, or as needed to provide you with the services requested or to answer queries or resolve issues with us. We may also need to retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time in order to allow us to comply with statutory obligations, manage disputes and enforce the agreements we have entered into.
After this period, your personal data shall be deleted from our databases.
Questions / Contact us
If you have any questions with regard to the above, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us at [email protected].